Every coin created by this CEO dies, will this game of winning be any different?

Catheon blockchain integrated gaming and entertainment platform this week announcement the release of its $CATHEON token, a replacement for its $CHICKS token that was tied to the NFT-based play-to-win (P2E) game SolChicks, which rigged fanbase numbers earlier this year.

Catheon bills itself as the leading ecosystem for Web3 games. However, despite these big claims and the fact that he has firmly clung to the gambling hype wagon to win, potential investors are being urged to stay away and Twitter users have denounced the project as an empire. built on scams.

Read more: Venture capitalists hate games but love to gamble for token prizes

Much of the criticism is aimed at the project’s CEO, William Wu. He has been involved in four separate crypto projects since May 2021, namely CatzCoin, HoneyX, SolChicks and now Catheon, but users claim he has forged a reputation as a carpet shooter.

One of Wu’s most vocal critics is Twitter user @gonzocomander, who said“He embezzled millions of dollars he collected from us. He’s a thief. He’s about to cheat again with his new project. He has even compared Wu to controversial Terra founder Do Kwon.

Meanwhile, @Hodlology tagged crypto sleuth @FatManTerra with their concerns, saying, “Please don’t ignore this scammer. William Wu has always been at the forefront of many scam and rug-pulling schemes. He has embezzled millions of dollars he collected from thousands of people.

catzcoin

Wu’s first crypto project, launched in May 2021, was a dogecoin business intended to capitalize on the dog coin’s immense hype. He was supposed to donate 5% of the room’s supply to cat charities.

Wu was a co-founder from CatzCoin but left the project to “focus on something with greater utility”. The token’s price hit highs of $0.00024402 in May last year, but has since fallen almost 99%. SolChicks released a statement claiming that Wu had not sold his Catzcoin holdings and that the fall in price was actually due to the simultaneous fall in the price of bitcoin.

HoneyX

Wu’s second project, HoneyX, launched in mid-2021 and was touted as a platform that would “change the way adult content is consumed” by “supporting the distribution of revenue in favor of creators of content, freedom of expression and protection of privacy”. The website is no longer available, but promotional materials featuring the platform’s NSFW coin still exist.

According to a statement from SolChicks, Wu did not sell any HoneyX holdings, but he left the project when prices were at their highest end of August 2021.

Read more: “A Slow Carpet”: Traders Reject Ice Cube’s Play-to-Earn Crypto Shilling

SolChicks

Next is SolChicks. Launching in September 2021 and with Wu once again at the helm, it was billed as a multiplayer role-playing game where players could collect “adorable” NFT fowl which they would use to “fight for glory and glory”.

The play-to-earn project promised high-caliber artwork and unique, detailed game systems, led by a “strongly skilled and experienced team.”

However, the project was later accused of using false mentions and artificially hyped his token. One example was an Ice Cube promo created using the custom celebrity voiceover app, Cameo.

The project only released 2% of its $CHICK token supply at launch, holding the remaining 98%. Investors at the time began to pull out of the project while users accused the team with a slow all-in draw.

$CHICK a has lost ~99% of its price since last December and is now renamed $CATHEON.

Protos has reached out to William Wu for comment, but as of press time has not received a response.

For more informed news, follow us on Twitter and Google News or listen to our investigative podcast Innovated: Blockchain City.

Comments are closed.