Otter Tail Corporation Shares Its Approach to the 52-Week High Cointelegraph
Otter Tail Company (OTTR) shares closed today 0.2% below their 52-week high of $81.59, giving the company a market capitalization of $3 billion. The stock is currently up 16.2% year-to-date, 55.9% over the past 12 months and 129.1% over the past five years. This week, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.9% and the S&P 500 1.4%.
- Trading volume this week was 19.9% below the 20-day average.
- The beta, a measure of the stock’s volatility relative to the broader market, is 0.4.
- The stock’s Relative Strength Index (RSI) was above 70, indicating that it may be overbought.
- The MACD, a momentum indicator that follows the trend, indicates an upward trend.
- The stock closed below its Bollinger Band, indicating it may be oversold.
- The stock closed 2.7% higher than its 5-day moving average, 12.6% higher than its 20-day moving average and 23.6% higher than its 90-day moving average.
Comparative market performance
- The company’s stock price is the same as the S&P 500 index, beats it on a 1-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company’s stock price is the same as the Dow Jones Industrial Average, beats it on a 1-year basis and beats it on a 5-year basis
- The company’s share price is on par with the performance of its peers in the utility industry sector, beating it on a 1-year basis and beating it on a 5-year basis
Comparative performance by group
- Company’s year-to-date stock price performance outperforms peer average by 229.3%
- The company’s stock price performance over the past 12 months exceeds the peer average by 1079.1%
- The company’s price-to-earnings ratio, which relates a company’s stock price to its earnings per share, is -53.9% below average.
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.